The training will be held on Tuesday April 19th and Wednesday April 20th in Charlotte, NC. The training will be from 9:00am – 4:30pm both days with registration from 8:30am – 9:00am. Participants must attend BOTH DAYS in their entirety. There will be an hour break and a half break for lunch and light morning and afternoon snacks will be provided.
Participants will be provided with the training address after registering. This training is free for NCCASA members and $10.00 for non-members.
Registration must be received by Thursday April 14th.
Tuesday April 19th: Topics covered include but not limited to:
– The myths, realities, and dynamics of sexual violence
– Underserved populations
– The impact of sexual violence
– Reporting: victim options, barriers and laws
– The sexual assault forensic exam
Wednesday April 20th: Topics covered include but not limited to:
– Walking the Walk: A Sexual Violence Awareness Exercise
– The role of the advocate
– Primary prevention
– An opportunity for attendees to network, share successes and ask questions of each other.
Confirmation of registration (including the training location) will be sent to you upon receipt of registration.
If you have questions or would like more information please contact Kristen Howe, NCCASA Director of Training and Education, at Kristen@nccasa.org or (919) 871-1015.