- Additional training information will be added on an on going basis so keep checking back!
- All trainings are FREE for NCCASA members and $10.00 for non-members. Payment is expected at the training. You may also complete a Credit Card Authorization Form available here to pay by credit card.
- All trainings require advanced registration.
- Training announcements will be posted here, included in the member mailings and emailed out on the training google group (information is below).
- To register and for general training questions, contact Kristen Howe at Kristen@nccasa.org
- NCCASA will begin capturing all events, including trainings, with video and/or photographs. Participants may opt out at any time. If you have questions, concerns or want to further discuss this contact NCCASA at (919) 871-1015.
NCCASA is happy to announce our training listserv! Participation is completely voluntary and will not replace NCCASA’s member mailing or other forms of communication NCCASA uses. This listserv is designed to share NCCASA’s trainings as well as trainings offered by member programs, allied professionals, and national organizations on topics of sexual assault, domestic violence, child abuse, stalking and human trafficking.
If you would like to sign up simply click here to join.
The North Carolina Approach: Creating and Navigating New Relationships to Better Serve Incarcerated Survivors of Sexual Assault
Thursday November 1st
9:00am – 4:00pm
Franklin, NC (Macon County)
NCCASA has partnered with Our VOICE in the creation of manual to assist rape crisis centers around relationship building with jails for PREA. Four one day trainings will be held across the state to learn about this new resource (participants will be provided with a copy), to teach advocates how to begin a relationship with their local jails & how to maintain that relationship over time, and to provide resources & materials to advance your efforts in serving incarcerated survivors of sexual assault.
This training is designed for jail personnel doing who are the PREA point people, advocates who are doing PREA work, sexual assault program managers, and Executive Directors. Please share this information with your PREA contact people at your jail- the training will be most effective if advocates and jail personnel attend together!
The training will be from 9:00am – 4:00pm with registration from 8:45am – 9:00am. There will be an hour break for lunch on your own. Please note that breakfast, coffee, lunch, and snacks are not provided. Participants will be provided with the training address after registering.
2018 NC Sexual Violence Primary Prevention Summit
Wednesday November 14th & Thursday November 15th
This year’s Summit is going to be an amazing two days filled with exciting, thought-provoking conversations facilitated by preventionists from our very state and from across the country.
On day two, we are thrilled that our morning keynote address will be delivered by Lisa Fujie Parks from The Prevention Institute! A full agenda will be posted shortly.
Of note, we do have a capacity maximum for this event, so we encourage you to register soon. Registration will close on Monday, October 29th at 5PM EST. However, we do anticipate that the event will fill up before the close date.